If a birth has been registered in Ontario, you can apply for this certificate online quickly, simply and securely.
Before You Start
Please note: The birth must be registered in Ontario to use this service. If your baby has not been registered please use the Newborn Registration Service.
- To apply for your birth certificate, you will need:
Applicant Information (First and Last Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number)
- Subject Information (First, Middle, and Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City of Birth)
- Previous Legal Names for the person named on the Birth Registration, if applicable
- Mother's Information (Maiden Name)
- Guarantor Information (only required for subjects age 9 or older; First and Last Name, Occupation, Work Address, Daytime Phone Number, if Guarantor is a Canadian Citizen)
- A valid method of payment (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Interac® Online)
- A printer or the ability to save your receipt to print later
Start Online Service